While we take all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of any information placed on this website, we make no representations or give any warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents, and we disclaim all representations, except where fraudulently made, and warranties.
This website is designed to provide you with general information only and does not attempt to give you advice on any particular service or to recommend any particular solution to you. If you have any doubt as to whether a particular service, solution or investment is suitable for you, you should seek advice.
Where we have provided links to third party websites for further information, you should be aware that we are not responsible for the accuracy, availability or functionality of these sites, and thus cannot be held liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss however caused by your use of these linked sites.
Who We Are
We believe you should be aware of who we are, the types of information we may collect about you and what we do with your personal information.
This website is owned and operated by UNIQ Family Wealth Limited (hereafter referred to as “UNIQ”). Our registered office is UNIQ Family Wealth Limited, The Old Probate Registry, Cardiff Road, Llandaff, Cardiff CF5 2DQ.
UNIQ provides financial planning and wealth management services and advice to private individuals, families, businesses, entrepreneurs and trustees.
Why we need your data:
We need your data for us to:
- Provide financial planning services to you which may include but not limited to giving you financial advice and making recommendations as to investments and financial products which are suitable for you, considering current financial markets and economic conditions, availability of products and the providers of those products, as well as a detailed analysis of your personal circumstances and requirements.
- Comply with our regulatory obligations imposed by the Financial Conduct Authority regarding the relevant ‘Know Your Client’ obligations. In addition, to comply with the Regulator’s requirements for record keeping for the purposes of audits and reviews, records of transactions undertaken and customer histories for prescribed periods of time as directed.
- Respond to any legitimate legal requests for information about you to the Regulatory authority or pursuant to an order of any court or tribunal having relevant jurisdiction, or as required by law for the purposes of but not limited to combatting fraud, money-laundering and criminal activities.
- Carry out our legitimate business and professional management responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, preparing, verifying and auditing of statutory accounts and tax returns, monitoring and reviewing levels and types of business for marketing and quality control, assessing business risks and standards of services or investigating and resolving complaints.
General information about your data and your rights:
Where we collect data directly from you, we will undertake:
- In addition to those third-party companies expressly detailed in this agreement, to inform you in writing of the name and contact details of the data controller for that data and their representative. For example, where we arrange an investment on your behalf with a third-party investment provider, the data controller may be the financial institution in question.
- To inform you, where appropriate, of the contact details for any Data Protection Officer appointed by us.
- To inform you and make clear the purposes for which the data is to be processed and the legal basis for that processing. If the legal basis to be relied on is that of the legitimate interests of the data controller or any third party, we will inform you as to the nature of those legitimate interests.
- To inform you of the recipients or categories of recipients of data.
- If the data controller proposes to transfer the data to a country other than those covered by the GDPR, to provide you with details of the safeguards surrounding such transfers and how to obtain a copy of them.
- To inform you of the period for which we propose to hold the data, or where this is not possible, the criteria which we will apply to data retention.
- To remind you of your rights whereby you may:
- request access to data of which you are the data subject
- object to, or withdraw consent for, the processing of the same
- obtain rectification of inaccurate data
- prevent data processing for the purposes of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means and to have the logic behind those decisions clearly explained
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act
- request data erasure
Where you exercise your right to request (via email or post) access to data of which you are the data subject, we will undertake to respond to you within 30 calendar days of receipt of your request. There will be no charge for this service unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive in which case we reserve the right to charge a fee or refuse to respond.
You may at any time, by giving notice to us in writing, request that we cease to process your data. We will undertake to comply with any such request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Where the legal basis for the processing of your data is to adhere to compliance with a statutory or contractual obligation, or the necessary precondition to entering into a contract, including compliance with the requirements of any Regulator, we will inform you as to:
- Whether you are legally required to provide such data, and
- The consequences of failing to provide such data
Where we obtain your data otherwise than directly from you, you will have the same or equivalent rights to those set out above.
Save in the circumstance as detailed below, we will inform you which source the data originated from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources. The information to be provided will be in accordance with the following time periods, whichever shall occur first:
- As soon as practicable after obtaining the data and in any event within 1 month
- At the time of our first communication with you using the data
- When the data is first disclosed to another person
We shall not be obliged to provide you with the information:
- Where you already have this information
- Where we are subject to an obligation of professional secrecy prohibiting the disclosure of the information
- Where disclosure would render impossible or severely impair the achievement of the reasons for which the data is to be processed. In such cases, we will do what we can to protect your rights and freedoms with respect to our processing of the data
You have the right to complain in regard to any aspect of the processing of your data and any breach of the above rights to the relevant supervisory authority, who in the case of the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioners Office, whom may be contacted at:
- Online: ico.org.uk
- Phone: 0303 123 1113
Holding your data:
We undertake to review the data we hold on you on a regular basis to ensure compliance with data protection law. During any review, we will:
- Delete any data which is trivial or transitory in nature, or which in our opinion is no longer required for the purposes set out above.
- Update the data to ensure that any errors or inaccuracies are corrected.
- Archive data as detailed below.
- Subject to the data retention periods, as detailed below, securely delete the data when it is identified that we no longer need to hold it.
We may retain and process your data for the following periods. If more than one period applies to the same data, we will retain the data to the last such period to expire:
- We will hold any agreements between you and us for a period of 6 years from the termination or expiry of the agreement unless we have been notified of any claim or circumstance which might give rise to a claim under or by reference to such agreements.
- We will process data relating to investments which we have provided advice on and / or arranged for you. We will process such data throughout the entire period you are and remain a client of the firm and for a period of not less than 6 years following our ceasing to provide service to you regarding those investments. In the case of long-term investments, we may process your data until the date of maturation of such long-term investments.
- We will hold date as required by any Regulator until the end of any limitation period imposed by that Regulator, which in the case of the Financial Services Authority is currently 6 years for all types of business undertaken except for Occupational Pension Schemes, which can include Defined Benefit Transfers and Scheme Money Purchase Transfers, whereby the data retention period is indefinite.
- We will hold data as required by any relevant third party until the end of any limitation period imposed by that relevant third party, which in the case of HMRC shall be 7 years, unless we are notified that any period is considered “open” by HMRC in which case it will be until we are notified the period is “closed”.
- We will hold data as required for the purposes of any legal proceedings for a period of 6 years following the conclusion of any such proceedings unless a longer period is required pursuant to any court rule or enactment. Proceedings will be taken to have concluded on the expiry of any period given for appealing any final judgment or on the date of concluding any settlement staying all relevant claims if the proceedings were settled before judgement.
- Save for the above, we will hold data for a maximum of 50 years from the date we receive the data.
We will regularly review data and where in our opinion such data has ceased to be Active we will archive it and process it only as Archived Data. Any data which is deemed Archived Data will only be processed in limited circumstances.
All storage of data, whether Active Data or Archived Data will be in accordance with good industry practice and will be undertaken in accordance with organisational systems and procedures, which will be regularly reviewed, to maintain the security of data.
On the termination or expiry of any agreement to provide services to you and on your written request, we will, subject to our right to retain copies of data for the purposes set out above, agree to return any data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format, or transfer the same to a new data controller nominated by you.
Whom we may share your data with:
In order to carry out our legitimate business and to provide you with financial planning services, we have entered into agreements with and will share your information with the following companies, for the purposes of Compliance, IT systems security, data management and control and auditing. Full details of these companies’ addresses (all UK based) and contact details are available on request:
- Compliance and Training Solutions Ltd (Compliance consultants)
- Prestwood (Cashflow forecasting)
- BlueCoat and Microsoft Office 365 (Our data management providers)
- Aytel (IT Support)
- Uniquity (Marketing)
- Mozyhome (For CyberSecurity Insurance)
In addition to the above listed companies you will be notified in accordance with the terms of this agreement as to the name and contact details of the data controller for any other third-party entity with whom we share and/or transfer your data and their representative.
- From UNIQ Family Wealth:
From time to time we may wish to contact you with details of other investment, pension or financial products and/or services which we think may be of interest and/or beneficial to you.
We will not use your data for marketing purposes of any sort unless you have expressly given us your prior consent. The use of your data as detailed in the remained of this agreement is not affected by whether you choose to consent to the use of data for marketing purposes.
Please note that you may withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by giving us notice in writing.
If any provision, or part thereof, of this agreement is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
In the event of any change in Data Protection Law occurring after the date of this agreement which requires the adoption of revised provisions dealing with data retention or portability, the parties will use all reasonable endeavours to agree such consequential changes to this agreement as may reasonably be required to comply with the requirements of Data Protection Law (“Compliant Terms”) and incorporate the same as an amendment to this agreement.
Declaration and Consent:
We take your privacy very seriously and will only use your personal information and data to administer the services we have agreed to provide you with, including but not limited to any products or contracts for investments, pensions, life cover, equity release or discretionary investment management services you have made or entered into through our firm.
What Security Procedures Do We Have In Place?
Your security is very important to us but we need your help to keep you safe. You need to be vigilant about your security at all times when online and double check any links sent to you that may appear to be from us.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access and use our site; and we will take all appropriate measures to protect your information from unauthorised processing, loss or damage.
Do We Use ‘Cookies’?
- This Website may write small files to your computer called “cookies”, which we may use for the following reasons:
- To ensure you are properly logged in where this is necessary to use the site.
- To track your progress through the site so we can make improvements to the service we offer you.
- To remember any preferences which the site may allow you to set.
Cookies may be required to allow you to access and participate in certain areas of the Website. The cookies we store on your computer do not contain any personally identifiable information.
You do not have to accept cookies and you can disable them or change the way your computer handles them by adjusting your browser settings. The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience problems using areas of this Website that require you to log on.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
How Can You Correct Any Inaccuracies In Your Personal Information?
Should any of your personal information change or the information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know and we will ensure your records are updated. You can use the ‘contact us’ option and e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, write to us at the address below, or call us on 029 207 82330. If you telephone to inform us of the change, we may ask you to confirm it in writing.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in return for payment of a fee of £10. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to the Compliance Officer whose contact details are set out below:
UNIQ Family Wealth, Fairway House, Links Business Park, St Mellons, Cardiff CF3 0LT.
Tel: 029 207 82330
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Terms Of Website Use
Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site.
If you have provided any personal details and those details subsequently change, you should notify us by e-mailing email@example.com.
Other Applicable Terms
Information About Us
Our site is a site operated by UNIQ Family Wealth Limited (“UNIQ”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08299451. The registered office is The Old Probate Registry, Cardiff Road, Llandaff, Cardiff CF5 2DQ.
UNIQ Family Wealth is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), with Firm Reference Number (FRN) No 594440 on the FCA’s register.
Changes To Our Site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our Site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
We may restrict access to some parts of our site and, from time to time, we may change the restricted areas or restrict access to the entire site.
No Reliance On Information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. For financial planning advice, please see your UNIQ financial planner.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Information About You And Your Visits To Our Site
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, we are the owner or the licensee of all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property in all material on our site (including without limitation text, tools, photographs and graphical images). Those works are protected by copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. All such rights are reserved.
Nothing in our site shall confer on any person any license or right with respect to any such intellectual property. The UNIQ name may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of information without our prior written consent.
The images, logos and names on our site which identify UNIQ or a provider of products or services from time to time are the proprietary marks of UNIQ or the provider concerned. Nothing in our site shall confer on any person any license or right with respect to any such image, logo or name.
You are not permitted to download‚ print‚ redistribute or extract any information from our site other than for your personal‚ non-commercial use.
You are not permitted to reproduce‚ copy, redistribute, modify or in any way change any of the information available on our site.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified, us, our officers, directors, agents, licensors, successors and assigns against all liabilities, claims, losses, costs, damage and expenses including legal fees incurred by us should you breach any of the terms of this section (Intellectual Property Rights).
Limitation Of Our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
› use of, or inability to use, our site; or
› use of or reliance upon any content displayed on our site.
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking To Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement without our express consent. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Subject to your right to make use of any web and/or RSS feeds that we may make available from time to time; our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page without our consent. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links From Our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by our clients or other third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Nothing herein will be deemed to create a partnership or joint venture between us. Neither of us shall have the authority to bind the other or to contract in the name of or create a liability against the other in any way, for any purpose.
A person who is not a party to our agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of our agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
Jurisdictions And Applicable Law
Registering a complaint
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:-
In writing: write to the Head of Compliance & Governance UNIQ Family Wealth, Fairway House, Links Business Park, St Mellons, Cardiff CF3 0LT
By phone: Telephone 029 20782330
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman:
Thank you for visiting our site.
Please get in touch by contacting us at email@example.com