How can I protect my memory as I age?
Most of us are living longer. As a result, we’re more likely to suffer from age-related memory loss and dementia such as Alzheimer’s disease.
For many, dementia is the worst fear for old age and protecting the memory is a priority. Research shows that the risk of some cognitive problems is inherited. Luckily there’s also evidence that a healthy lifestyle and good medical care may help keep the mind, like the body, active and vital well into old age. Whilst at UNIQ Family Wealth our profession is Financial Planning, we also take a keen interest in healthy ageing. After all no amount of money can buy you good health.
So, here’s our nine top tips for keeping your mind in great condition:
- Walk for 30 minutes per day
- Eat greens & snack on nuts
- Eliminate trans fats (biscuits, cakes etc.)
- Eat less sugar
- Lose weight
- Avoid cigarettes and stay within the guided limits for alcohol
- Drink strong coffee in moderation
- Challenge your mind and try new things
- Stay connected with friends and family
How many of these things are you already doing?